Saturday, December 29, 2012

Raspberry Almond Shortbread Cookies

My experience with this recipe covered the entire spectrum of my life as the haphazard baker. The first time I tried to make these, I added too much sugar because I was distracted and the jelly oozed out over the sides and it was a sad, sad, mess. However, my second attempt created one of the best looking (and best tasting) cookies I've ever made! These are shortbread cookies, so they practically melt in your mouth when you take a bite, and the almond-raspberry combination is divine. I know they look a little complicated, but really, they are quite simple to make!





Adapted from this recipe
Ingredients
2c Flour
1c Butter (softened)
2/3c Sugar
1/2tsp Almond Extract
Red Raspberry Preserves

For the icing
1c Powdered Sugar
2 or 3tsp Water
1.5tsp Almond Extract

OVEN: 350F
BAKE: 13-15min
YIELD: 2.5 Dozen

1. Cream butter, sugar, and almond extract together in a standing mixer.

2. Add in flour until incorporated and refrigerate for about an hour. 

3. I used my cookie scoop to make these cookies uniform, if you don't have one, just try and roll out evenly-sized 1inch balls. 



4. To make the indentation, I used the back of my 1/2tsp scoop and pressed it lightly onto the top. 



5. Fill with preserves of your choice. 




6. While the cookies are baking, mix the powdered sugar, almond extract, and 2tsp of water. Stir until combined. If the mixture is still not runny, add another tsp of water. 


7. Once cookies are out of the oven and cooled, drizzle them with the sugar mixture.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...