Saturday, December 22, 2012

Peppermint S'mores Cookies

It has officially been one month since my last post--this is what happens when you try to keep up a baking blog during the last four weeks of the semester. Good news, though, I'm one semester closer to getting my MA! I've spent the day finishing up some grading and now I finally have enough time to update the blog (and not feel exceedingly guilty about it). 

However, you know that I was not ever too busy to bake. I made these delicious cookies a couple weeks back and I love how they turned out. You can't go wrong with a s'mores variant in my opinion. I adapted my graham cracker cookie recipe from my Reese's cheesecake cookies (remember those?) and used my favorite Wilton candy melts to make these extra festive!




Ingredients
1.25c Flour
1.25c Ground Chocolate Graham Crackers
1/2tsp Salt
1/2tsp Baking Soda
1c Brown Sugar
1/2c Butter (softened)
1 Egg
Large Marshmallows, halved
Wilton Candy Cane Colorburst Chocolate Melts

OVEN: 350F
BAKE: 10-12min
YIELD: ~2 Dozen

1. Cream butter and sugar together in standing mixer.

2. Mix in egg, salt, and baking soda.

3. Add in graham crackers.

4. Slowly incorporate flour until smooth. 

5. Refrigerate for at least an hour and chop up your marshmallows. 


6. Bake up your cookies, and as soon as the come out of the oven, place a halved marshmallow on top. Give it about three minutes to melt, and then smoosh it down a little bit more.


7. After your cookies are cooled, drizzle the melted wilton chocolate on top and let cool. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...