Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Oatmeal Scotchies

This oatmeal-butterscotch cookies have been a dessert staple in my house since I was little. They're my dad's favorite (sorry I didn't send any home, Dad!) and these are a serious crowd pleaser. There's something that blends so well between the oatmeal texture and creamy butterscotch. 




Ingredients
1c Flour
1.75c Rolled Oats
1/2c Butter (softened)
3/4c Brown Sugar
1/4c Sugar
1 Egg
1tsp Vanilla
1/2tsp Baking Soda
1tbsp Cinnamon
1.25c Butterscotch Chips

OVEN: 350F
BAKE: 10-12min
YIELD: 2.5 Dozen

1. Cream together butter and sugars in a standing mixer until smooth.

2. Mix in egg, vanilla, and baking soda. 

3. Incorporate oats. 

4. Add flour by quarter-cup fulls until combined.

5. Mix in butterscotch chips. 

6. Cover and cool in the fridge for at least two hours, up to a day. 


To be a little different, I used my small cookie scoop to make these cookies: 


It helps make evenly-sized cookies which guarantees they'll all bake up the same. 


However, this method made them relatively small. That means you can eat more :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...