Saturday, August 11, 2012

From Pinterest: Peanut Butter Banana Squares

I am a sucker for basically anything peanut butter-banana and I think I eat the combination in one way or another every single day. So, when I found these bars on pinterest one afternoon I knew I had to give them a try! I modified them by adding some nuts and (of course) extra cinnamon. They are not dense or full of oils and I think will make a great after-running snack for me during the semester!


Adapted faithfully from Gingerbread Bagels
Ingredients
1.5c Quick Cooking Oats
1/4c Light Brown Sugar
1tsp Baking Powder
1/2tsp Salt
2tsp Cinnamon
1.5tsp Vanilla
1/2c Milk
1 Egg
1 Banana
1/4c Creamy Peanut Butter
1/4c Sunflower Seeds
1/3c Plain Almonds
Cinnamon Sugar 

OVEN: 350
BAKE: 20-22min

1. Combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. I didn't use a mixer for these, a big spoon and some elbow grease is all you need!

2. Mix in vanilla, milk, and egg

3. Add banana, peanut butter, and nuts. 

4. Pour into a 8x8 pan that's been lightly greased with cooking spray and bake away!

5. I added a light sprinkling of cinnamon sugar to the top to add a little more sweetness (that, and I always have cinnamon sugar on hand. Doesn't everyone?!)

The options for these are pretty much limitless. Replace the banana with some canned pumpkin and pumpkin seeds for a nice fall dish. Mix in some mini chocolate chips if you're craving something a little sweeter. Throw in some nutella and make it straight up delicious. 

Note: If you can keep yourself from eating all of these when they're warm, they just get softer and tastier as the week goes on!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...