Friday, November 16, 2012

Heath Bar Cookies

I've been on a big cookie kick lately. Well, to clarify, I'm always on a cookie kick, but I've been in the mood for big, fat, flat cookies lately. I'd had a bag of Heath Bar pieces in my baking cabinet for a couple of months now, and I figured why not? Be careful not to over-bake these. They spread out pretty flat in the last three minutes and you want to take them out so they'll stay nice and gooey even after cooling!

And, I know... Heath Bar isn't that popular of a flavor for those of us born after 1950, but I'm going to just pretend that everyone loves the toffee-chocolate combo as much as I do. 

P.S. These need milk, or ice cream, or both.  






Ingredients
1/2c Butter (softened)
1c Brown Sugar
1/3c Sugar
1 Egg
1/4tsp Baking Soda
1/4tsp Salt
1tsp Vanilla
1.5c Flour
1c Heath Bar Pieces
1/2c Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

OVEN: 350F
BAKE: 10-12min
YIELD: ~2 Dozen



1. Cream together butter and sugars in a standing mixer.

2. Add in egg, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Mix until incorporated.

3. Slowly mix in the flour.

4. Stir in Heath Bar and Chocolate Chips.

5. Refrigerate for at least an hour before baking.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...