Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Banana Nut Bread

I love banana bread. It's one of a very limited number of baked goods that I've been making since I was in middle school, except back then I got the recipe out of my father's old Betty Crocker cookbook. This is definitely a little bit different than that one with it's two and a half cups of flour and tons of butter. This is pretty moist and to die for when you spread on some butter. This also begs to be made into french toast. You heard me. 

As a side note, the bread looks a little over-brown. I know. I put this in the oven while I went on a run, and although I ran pretty damn fast, it wasn't quite fast enough. 




Ingredients
2-3 Mashed Bananas
1.75c Flour
4oz Greek Honey Yogurt
1/2c Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1tsp Vanilla
1tsp Baking Soda
1/2tbsp Cinnamon 
1/2tsp Salt
1/2 to 1c Chopped Walnuts
Cinnamon Sugar

OVEN: 350F
BAKE: 45-50min

1. Throw everything in a small bowl and stir until just barely smooth. 



2. Pour into a greased banana bread pan. 

3. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. Liberally. 



I guess maybe I should call this five-minute banana bread because you just can't go wrong with it. It definitely tastes best right out of the oven, but it gets moist and gooey after a couple of days in a ziplock bag. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...