Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Oatmeal Pretzel M&M Cookies

Everyone made fun of me when I told them what was in these cookies because they sound like I just emptied out my cabinets and threw whatever I had into a cookie. Which is partially true. I really like pretzel M&Ms for their salty-sweet crunch, and they blended perfectly with this soft oatmeal cookie base. I'll admit, I have a soft spot for oatmeal cookies, but I think these turned out really well! I had like five.. ok, I had like ten.

This is a great, basic oatmeal cookie recipe that can be modified to fit whatever you have in the kitchen! I beg you to make this dough a day ahead and let it sit in the fridge overnight. The cookies turn out incredibly soft and moist!




Ingredients
1c Flour
1.75c Rolled Oats
1/2c Butter (softened)
3/4c Brown Sugar
1/4c Sugar
1 Egg
1tsp Vanilla
1/2tsp Baking Soda
1c Pretzel M&Ms
1/2c Dark Chocolate Chips

OVEN: 325F
BAKE: 12-13min
YIELD: 3 dozen small cookies

1. In a standing mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until smooth.

2. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.

3. Add the oats and baking soda. 

4. Slowly add in the flour by 1/4 cup-fulls. 

5. With a spoon or spatula, mix in the M&Ms and chocolate chips. 



6. Refrigerate for at least two hours, or cover with plastic wrap and chill over night. (Note: If you chill overnight, let the dough sit out for about five minutes before you try and scoop the cookies out)

7. Roll out into 1-1.5in balls and bake. Watch these cookies carefully. The key to a good oatmeal cookie is not to let them bake for too long. They might not seem done when you pull them out, but they'll harden up as they cool down. 

I know the pretzel M&Ms seem kind of unruly and large when you go to mix the dough, but they bake up really well and keep that nice crunch of the pretzel which I think adds a nice dimension to the cookie! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...