Monday, September 10, 2012

Nutella White Chocolate Shortbread Cookies

I've been wanting to try out a shortbread cookie for a long time, and I have this lovely jar of Nutella sitting in my cupboard that I'm ashamed to say I've been neglecting. I first discovered the hazelnut spread back in 2008 while I was in Germany, and I absolutely love the taste of it when it's combined with white chocolate or a vanilla cream. These petite little cookies turned out great and I think they've got a nice balance between the chocolate and nutella flavors. 





Adapted from this recipe
Ingredients 
1.25c Flour
1/4c Powdered Sugar
1/2c Butter (softened)
1/3c Nutella
1/2c White Chocolate Chips

OVEN: 325F
BAKE: 12-14min
YIELD: ~2 Dozen 

1. In a standing mixer, cream together the butter and nutella.

2. Mix in the flour and powdered sugar. 

3. With a spoon or spatula, stir in the white chocolate chips. 

4. Turn out the dough onto parchment or wax paper and form it into a log. I made mine smaller and skinnier so my cookies were wee little things. If you prefer a larger cookie, make your log bigger, but the yield will be smaller. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. 




5. After thoroughly chilled, slice the dough, trying to keep the thickness of each cookie roughly the same. 



6. Bake and then cool on a cooling rack. 

Shortbread cookies are crumbly and you want to make sure you don't over-bake them. These will have a nice crunch when you bite into them, but they'll practically melt in your mouth. These go just fantastically with a glass of milk! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...