Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Mini Pumpkin Cupcakes

I made these the first week of September--I just can't stand it. I want it to be fall! These pumpkin cupcakes are nice and moist and kind of addicting. I used some leftover white chocolate icing from my Strawberry Cupcakes and they turned out great!





Adapted from Martha Stewart
Ingredients 
1c Flour
1/2c Brown Sugar
1/4c Sugar
1/2c Butter (Melted)
2 Eggs
1/2tsp Baking Soda
1/2tsp Baking Powder
1/2tsp Salt
1tsp Cinnamon
1/2tsp Ground Ginger
1/4tsp Nutmeg
1/2can Pumpkin Puree

For the icing*
1/4c White Chocolate Chips
1/2tbsp Milk
1/2c Butter
1/2c Powdered Sugar
1/2tsp Corn Starch

*Note: This is the same amount I used for my Strawberry Cupcakes. I used what I had leftover for them, so this may make a lot more icing than you need for these cupcakes. I didn't want to provide a smaller recipe for icing that I hadn't tried out!

OVEN: 350F
BAKE: 17-20min
YIELD: ~4 dozen

1. In a standing mixer, cream together the sugars and butter. 

2. Mix in the eggs and pumpkin. 

3. Add everything else but the flour. Then mix in the flour by 1/4c increments until well combined. 



4. Pour into a lined mini cupcake pan and bake away. 

5. For the icing, melt the white chocolate and milk in the microwave slowly in 20-30 second intervals. Set aside. 

6. Cream the butter in a standing mixer for two to three minutes. 

7. Add in the powdered sugar and cornstarch and mix on medium for two more minutes.

8. Add in the melted chocolate and then mix on medium-high for another three minutes. Add more powdered sugar if needed. 

9. Ice the cupcakes!

I think I might prefer these as full-sized cupcakes, but the mini cupcakes are so much easier to distribute at a get together. Plus, everyone feels less guilty about eating such a tiny little baked good!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...