Friday, September 14, 2012

Banana Applesauce Muffins

I'm always looking for something I can eat after my morning run that will help tide me over until lunch. I had one very ripe banana sitting on my counter just begging me to be made into something delicious earlier this week and so I made these muffins! I might not call them muffins, though, more like mini banana bread cups. They're pretty dense but nice and moist. And as an added plus, this recipe only makes six, which is the perfect portion for someone living alone!




Ingredients
3/4c Flour
1 Large Mashed Banana (ripened)
1/2tsp Baking Soda
1/2tsp Cinnamon
1/4tsp Nutmeg
2tbsp Brown Sugar
1tsp Vanilla
1/2c Applesauce*
1/3c Walnuts, Chopped (optional)

OVEN: 375F
BAKE: 20-25min
YIELD: 6

*I used sweetened applesauce so if you use unsweetened you might want to add  an additional 1/4c of white or brown sugar


1. Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix until combined. I just used a spoon, no need to drag out the mixer for six muffins!

2. Grease a muffin tin or line it with muffin liners and pour in the batter. If you are making these to be consumed immediately, I would opt for cooking spray over liners. I had a hard time pulling the liner off when they first came out of the oven, but after sitting in a tupperware container overnight, they came right out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...