Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rainbow Chips Deluxe Pie

I am positively obsessed with the Keebler Rainbow Chips Deluxe Cookies. I remember eating them for dessert at a very young age, dipping cookie after cookie into a tall glass of milk until I was stuffed to the brim. I've made many a pie with an oreo crust, and I figured why not try a different type of cookie? I was not disappointed with this recipe!




Ingredients
1pkg Cheesecake Jello Pudding (Instant)
2c Milk
1pkg M&Ms

For the Crust
15 Rainbow Chips Deluxe Cookies
2 or3tbsp Butter (Melted)


1. Grind up the cookies in a food processor until they are small crumbs. I have a very small food processor (like ten dollars from walmart tiny thing) so I chopped up the cookies into quarters first before putting them in to make sure they'd grind up easily.

2. In a small bowl, pour the melted butter onto the cookie crumbs and stir to combine. Press into a pie dish and up the sides to make the shell. I sprayed my dish very lightly with some non-stick spray to ensure it wouldn't stick, but I think you can do without and be ok. 



3. Refrigerate the pie shell for at least an hour. 

4. Prepare the pudding according to the directions on the box and then pour it into the pie dish. 

5. Chop up the M&Ms in the food processor (or just use mini M&Ms) and sprinkle on top of the pudding. Note: If you plan on making this pie and letting it sit overnight, I'd advise you add the M&Ms the next day or right before you serve them, or the colors run and turns the pudding a kind of unappetizing color

6. Chill the pie for a few hours in the fridge before serving. 

This is not going to come out of the dish in a nice solid slice like pumpkin pie. It's probably best eaten with a spoon from a bowl, but it is delicious! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...