Sunday, July 29, 2012

From Pinterest: Mini Cannolis

In honor of the Olympics' opening ceremony, I decided to try out a recipe that I'd never attempted before: cannolis. However, the idea of making real cannolis seemed rather tedious, and so I stumbled upon this recipe for Mini Cannoli Cream Cups Recipe from the fantastic website Cooking With Sugar. I made a couple modifications, but followed her recipe to make these bite-sized cannolis out of refrigerated pie dough. 



Ingredients
1 box refrigerated pie crusts
3tbsp Granulated Sugar
2tsp Cinnamon
15oz Ricotta Cheese
1/2c Powdered Sugar
2tsp Vanilla
1/4c Chocolate Chips

For the full recipe go here

I made three minor adjustments to her recipe: 

1. I added more vanilla to the cheese mixture to make it a bit sweeter and more smooth tasting. 

2. I dipped the bottom of my pie cups into some chocolate because I felt like the chocolate chips on top didn't add enough chocolate flavor. 

3. I don't know if this counts, but I don't own a circular cookie cutter, so I used the top to my peanut butter container and it worked perfectly. 

These turned out fantastic, and that's coming from someone who's never particularly been a fan of cannolis!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...